nPoint, Inc. is a dynamic nanopositioning systems manufacturer with clients in materials characterization and inspection, aerospace, life sciences, surface science and lithography. Our highly motivated team is dedicated to delivering high specification, high quality products to our diverse customers. We are the leading provider of nanomotion tools and are looking for energetic team players to share and expand our vision.
nPoint is located in Middleton, WI, a city that has received national recognition for its high quality of life. It is located adjacent to Madison, WI, home to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is consistently ranked as one of the top research universities in America. Madison offers a wide range of recreational, cultural and social opportunities.
Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician
nPoint, Inc is seeking an Assembly Process Technician for our growing nanotechnology business.
- Works from schematics, Bill of Materials, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform assembly of mechanical and electronics prototype and production units.
- Test prototypes and production units, using standard test equipment, and document results.
- Identify and resolve assembly problems with the support of engineering.
- Provide feedback during product design reviews.
- Capture data, verify conformance to specifications and document results.
- Assist with receiving and shipment of materials and products.
- Initiate and complete manufacturing and inventory documentation throughout the manufacturing process.
- Perform quality assurance analysis on products in process.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- 0-3 years of experience in a high specification manufacturing environment.
- MS Office: Word, Excel. Experience with MRP data entry.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Pride in quality craftsmanship.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Able to retain and reapply learned skills/tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Physical requirement of position: Standing or sitting for extended periods of time. Able to lift up to 30 lbs.